Clinical Audit Seminar 201912 September, 2019 - 16:30 News
Clinical Audit Seminar 2019
On Wednesday 21st August 2019, Jeesal Cawston Park held its 3rd annual Clinical Audit Seminar at the Mercure Hotel, Norwich.
What is Clinical Audit and why do we do it?
NHS England explains Clinical Audit as 'a way to find out if healthcare is being provided in line with standards and lets care providers and patients know where their service is doing well, and where there could be improvements' (www.england.nhs.uk/clinical audit)
One of the pillars of Clinical Governance is to deliver Clinical Audits to identify any gaps in service delivery. Therefore it provides healthcare professionals with a way to measure the standard of care that they deliver.
The nursing and clinical teams at Cawston Park follow an audit schedule and therefore carry out clinical audit as part of their roles. However, holding a seminar is a fantastic opportunity to see the results of some of the audits.
The audits subjects covered were:
- Are there a set of standards that complies with legislation that are used as part of Mental Capacity assessment to demonstrate a clear process from assessment, documentation and application of its use? (Selina Wightman & Isabelle Cant, Speech & Language Therapists)
- Examining the completion of capacity assessments for T2 and T3 Consent to Treat (CTT) decisions (Matt Ryan, Assistant Psychologist)
- Session Attendance (David James Moore, ESDT Sports Tutor)
- Examining Section 17 Leave (Samantha Willis, Ward Manager )
- BMI at Cawston Park (Michaela Clements, Practice Nurse)
The end of the seminar, Director of Clinical Services, Dr Adenekan Oyefeso provided an overview of each of the audits. Dr Oyefeso focussed on the recommendations and how to take forward some of the identified issues. Following which, Hospital Director, Clive Bugg B.E.M thanked all the presenters for taking the time to deliver their audits. To conclude, each presenter was handed a certificate to acknowledge their contribution to the success of the seminar.